Hello KA Parents,
The ABC countdown is in full swing! Please refer to the calendar sent home last week (and also attached here for your convenience.) Monday is “Fruit salad” day! Please send your student with one piece of fruit (apple, orange, etc.) or one small sandwich baggie of fruit (berries, melon, etc.) to share. We will be mixing all of the fruit into a fruit salad for the class to eat and share.
*Please RSVP for our kindergarten end of year celebration (Monday June 17th) so we know how many people to expect! All are welcome (parents, grandparents, siblings, etc.) We just need to know how many chairs we will need, and how many treats to plan for. I will also send out a sign-up for food soon… Thank you!
Over the next two weeks, we will focus on the letters Yy and Zz and the sight words “where” and “me.” Students will be taking the spring MAP test in reading. In math, we will continue to work on adding, subtracting, larger numbers, and patterns in numbers. The students have been practicing counting by 5s and counting by 2s. We will be working on a writing project, incorporating different punctuation marks! In religion, we will continue learning the Hail Mary and practice praying the Children’s Rosary (one decade.)
- ABC Countdown continues: Monday is FRUIT SALAD day!
- School-wide Spirit Week is from May 17-24.
- Wednesday May 22nd is the SMM Art Walk and Ice Cream Social
- Thursday May 23rd, field trip to fire station. All students must have a booster seat or carseat.
SAVE THE DATES! We have two very special events for families happening the last week of school.
- Monday June 17th : KA End of Year Celebration at 1:30 pm. This will be our classroom “graduation” ceremony with student presentation, awards, slideshow and treats.
- Tuesday June 18th : Last day of school prayer service at 11:00 am, led by KA and KB. (school is dismissed at 12:00). The kindergarten classes will lead the school prayer service with songs and prayer. This prayer service assembly will be held in the gym due to the church construction beginning soon.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know! Thank you,
Mrs. Katie White