Hello KA Families,
It was wonderful seeing so many of you on Wednesday at curriculum night! For those who couldn’t make it, the kindergarten “flip book” and positive behavior plan were sent home in your child’s folder. Also, on Friday, students will be bringing home their first homework calendar! This will be a monthly calendar with a daily activity on the front, and a reading log on the back. Homework will be checked off every Friday. The daily activity (Monday-Thursday) should only take about 5-10 minutes, and then the reading log is used to record daily reading with a parent or family member. Reading together with your child is the most important thing you can do to support his or her learning at home!
We are very excited to meet our 6th grade reading buddies tomorrow! Every other week, KA and 6A students will have an opportunity to read together. Later in the year, we will sit with our 6th grade buddies when we attend school mass as well.
Next week, we will be focusing on the letter Aa and the sight words “I”, “we”, and “the”. In math, we will continue working on patterns and position words. In religion, we are studying God’s creation. In science, we are learning about our 5 senses, and will complete an apple investigation. We will also create apple art in our first art docent lesson with Mrs. Geppert!
- Fun Run is Friday Sept. 20th! Wow, it looks like many of you already signed up on funrun.com and are collecting pledges for you child! Awesome! Thank you for supporting our school! The fun run will be outside on the lower field beginning at 1:00 that day.
- KA won a pizza lunch! We had the most pledges the first day; way to go! We will have a pizza lunch in our classroom on the fun run day: Friday, Sept. 20th.
- We need a room parent! Are interested? Please let me know and I can provide some information about what that role would include. Also, if you are interested in volunteering in the classroom (literacy stations or math stations) or completing some at-home volunteer tasks, please let me know!
- Our fall field trip is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 10th! KA and KB will visit The Farm at Swan’s Trail in Snohomish. Permission slips will be coming home next week. We will need volunteer field trip drivers! *Please note that all volunteers will need to have completed the Virtus/Called to Protect class, and have a current background check, and driver form with proof of insurance. No parent may accompany the class on a field trip without these protocol in place. The Archdiocese of Seattle is very strict about these rules, and we cannot make any exceptions. If you would like to drive a carpool for the field trip, please let me know! Thank you!
- Thank you for sending your child to school with a weather-appropriate jacket and a water bottle each day!
- Please make sure to label all jackets, as well as uniform sweaters/vests/sweatshirts with your child’s name!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!